Monday, March 4, 2013

First Signs of Spring

I ventured out this afternoon on a sunny but cold March day.  Every year I make this pilgrimage to lift my spirits and look for signs of Spring.  Snowdrops in full bloom.  How did I miss this?  I was just out there.  What amazing little flowers - so delicate and beautiful.  And I wonder how they are tough enough to push through the dirt and leaves to bring such JOY. They come to me as a harbinger of more beauty to arrive as the world wakes up.  Only 15 more days until we can officially say: "it's Spring".!

and Thanks to Mickie who showed me how to set up a blog today!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love snowdrops the best because they herald the coming of spring! You are doing GREAT!!! :) Hugs,
    Mickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The first time I posted I forgot to hit "publish" but that's how we learn. I'm having FUN! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Snow drops - or anything green, LOL - wouldn't have much of a chance here right now - we're knee deep in snow still! And where the driveway has been shovelled or the road has been plowed, the snow is about the height of the average 15 year old. Spring??! BRING IT ON PLEASE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to mention ... congratulations on the upcoming grandmahood - my sister became a first-time grandma in December 2011 - she is madly, totally and completely in love with that grandson of hers, as are all of us! Admittedly Lleyton is quite precious, especially since he's a redhead like old GAS (great Aunt Sandra) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on starting your blog. It is a fun way to keep a record of all your accomplishments and great memories that happen every day. Being a grandma is a wonderful thing!!

    ReplyDelete